1. Students must be 16 years of age or over.
2. All fees due to the School must be paid, in full, prior to the commencement of the courses. In exceptional circumstances the school may agree an alternative mode of payment. If booking via an agent, students can make payments direct to their agents providing the agent agrees to share a receipt of payment with BSMI.
3. A course enrolment fee is £60 and applies to each booking.
4. Students need to pay for their first course book at a cost of £40. If they move to a higher level, students can be given a book in return for a deposit of £20 providing they return the book in good condition, with nothing written inside. In this case the deposit will be refunded to the student. If they wish to buy the book, the school will charge an extra £20 per book.
5. Holidays can be taken by arrangement but we require at least 2 weeks notice.
1. Payments can be made by bank transfer or credit card and must be received in full 14 days prior to the course start date. Bank details are provided on the invoice. Payment must include all bank transfer charges (including intermediary bank charges).
2. No reduction in course or registration fees will be made in respect of enrolment after a course has commenced.
3. A refund is offered for courses cancelled 14 days before the start of the course, within 14 days and the start of the course no refunds are offered. The full fee will be refunded to the student.
4. No refunds of tuition, registration or accommodation fees will be given by the school once the student has started his/her course.
5. In case of a visa refusal the full fees will be refunded to the student.
6. Students registering for Foundation courses must pay course fees in full so that BSMI can register the student with the relevant accredited body (Digital Marketing Institute or NCFE).
7. Fees payable are published in the 'Enrolment and Fees' section of the British School of Marketing International website. This information will also be available in the letter confirming conditional acceptance which will be sent to the student upon successful completion of the application process.
8. Course fees payable for any course will vary according to the study duration chosen.
No refund is payable if:
- the school receives cancellation less than seven days before the published course commencement date
- a student withdraws or cancels their enrolment any time after the course commencement date (other than for reasons for visa refusal which are refunded as set out above). In this case the student is liable to pay the full tuition fee for the course, and any expenses, costs or disbursements incurred in recovering the tuition fee.
- the terms and conditions of the enrolment agreement entered into by the student and the school are breached, including any breach of school policy.
- the student's enrolment is cancelled by the school, including cancellation caused by a breach of the student visa conditions, visa refusals due to fraudulent claims, student misconduct or if the student is cancelled for unsatisfactory academic progress.
In any of the above cases, the school may choose to grant a refund if there are compelling, compassionate or exceptional circumstances, which can be verified by the student with satisfactory evidence provided to the school.
1. BSMI will arrange accommodation on behalf of the student.
2. If a student wishes to change their accommodation BSMI needs to be given two weeks prior notice.
3. The accommodation rent is valid only for the person and dates specified. Any changes of dates must be notified to us in writing or by email at least 2 weeks prior to the arrival date.
4. We reserve the right to allocate alternative accommodation without prior notification.
5. Students and agents will be provided with details of accommodation one week before travel to the UK.
6. If students in Homestay wish to leave earlier than the dates they have booked, they must give seven days notice to the host family and the school.
7. Students are personally responsible for any damage in the homestay or residence, and will have to pay any charges that may occur.
It is advisable for all students to have valid insurance cover for the duration of their course, from arrival until departure. 16 and 17 year old students must have valid travel / study insurance. All insurance policies must be purchased in your home country.
1. The School is fully insured with Public Liability Insurance
2. Students are advised that the School, its employees and its representatives accept no responsibility for personal injury and /or loss of / damage to personal property on the School premises, whether by fire, burglary, theft or otherwise. This condition also applies to public and private places when students are on School trips/excursions.
3. The School is not responsible for the safekeeping or delivery of any fax, post etc sent to students at the School addresses. Nor is the School responsible for the safekeeping of exam results or certificates.
All applicants must sign to confirm their agreement to be bound by the Student Learning Agreement, which sates the responsibilities of students studying at BSMI and the duties that the School owes to students. This binding code of conduct details the responsibilities and duties owed between the student and British School Marketing International. Agents must ensure that students fully understand the rules and regulations stated in the agreement.